Tours start from £16 per adult and £8 for children (6 to 17 years) – children are provided with an alcohol free alternative!
Most tours run throughout the day, every day but other tours only run once a day and so you’re advised to plan in advance.
- A wonderful introduction to the production of Whisky, allowing you to understand about the processes involved in its production, a tasting and access to the world’s largest Scotch Whisky collection (all sealed behind glass partitions!).
£19.50 per adult and £11.50 per child (5 to 15 years) – although cheaper to book in advance
9:30 am until 5 pm (6 pm April to end of September)
- Witness the One O’Clock gun, visit the oldest surviving building in Edinburgh (St Margaret’s Chapel) and visit The Great Hall. If you can, do hop on to a free guided tour.
3. City Tours with Mercat Tours
Most tours are £14 per adult and £12 per child
Tours run throughout the day and evening every day.
- Take an historic tour into the vaults under the city or a nightly ghosts and ghouls tour. Learn about Burke and Hare and bloody plots that lead to treason and torture. There are also options to bolt on experiences.
£9 per adult and under 18s with family enter for free
Open 9:30 am until 5 pm Monday to Saturday (6 pm June to August) and 12pm until 4:45 pm on Sunday.
- Easy to reach from the town centre. Hop on bus 15 which takes you almost to the top of the drive (door to door in about an hour).
- One of the most fascinating chapels we at MTG have visited and the setting of the final scenes in the Da Vinci Code.
All year round but it will be cooler and possibly icy under foot in the winter and you will want to go in daylight to take advantage of the lovely views.
- This walk is located not far from the Royal Mile. It’s tranquillity and green space is a contrast to the city and offers stunning views at the top.